Thursday, July 10, 2014

Quit smoking with Nicoderm CQ - Day 24

Day 24 - Yesterday was all about relaxation.   One thing I have learned throughout this process of quitting smoking is to know when I need to just take a minute and relax, not exactly a minute, more like 3 minutes.  I found that 3 minutes is an acceptable time to just calm down and relax when the urge for a cigarette comes on and comes on strong.  Once you learn how to relax, the urges go away much faster.  Some ways I have found to relax are to:

  1. Take a quick walk
  2. Listen to a song
  3. Watch a 3 minute timer roll back
There are other ways you can relax, you just need to find what works for you.

2 comments:

  1. I did planks and then part of a yoga video today. I figured I should do something productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever helps you to keep your mind off of smoking is the best thing to do. One thing I found helps is to not get into a routine. Routine is what gets you bored and this will make you more anxious to have a cigarette. No routine makes life more interesting anyways because you are always doing something new.

      Delete